Requesting Transportation

Requesting Transportation
You do not need to request transportation if your child is in 4K-10th grade and will be bused to and from home. The nearest bus stop will be assigned to all students 4K through 10th grade students that live within the district and but do not live within the walk zone (see yellow area on map below - this zone  is within the village and east of the river). If your child does not need transportation for the upcoming school year, please let us know prior to June 20th to help us as we plan routes for the upcoming school year.

Please fill out a Transportation Request Form if your child does not need bus transportation, is an 11th or 12th grader that needs bus transportation, is open enrolled and would like a bus stop within the district an/or needs a bus stop at an alternative address like a daycare.

It is critical that you complete any change of busing requests by June 20th to ensure availability for the upcoming school year. This information must be submitted every year as  transportation will default back to the home address every June. Any requests made after June 20th are subject to the availability of seats on the bus and may not be approved if there is not room on the route.  Families moving into the district or moving homes within the district should fill out the form and allow 2 weeks for any transportation changes to take affect. 
Walk Zone

If you meet any of the following criteria, a Transportation Request form must be completed:
  • No busing needed. If your family lives outside of the Village of Winneconne but within the school district and does not need busing, please fill out this form.
  • New Student to the district or move to new address within the district. If your transportation needs change during the school year, please fill out the form and allow 2 weeks for transportation to be set up.
  • Living within the Walk Zone elementary student families may request busing to and from designated bus stops or daycare outside of the Walk Zone. There is a fee for this service and it is based on the space available and is provided on a first come first serve basis. Fees are as follows:
    • $25 per student per quarter (maximum of $200 per year or $50 per quarter for the family)
    • If your family qualifies for the reduced lunch program then fees are $6.25 per student per quarter (maximum of $50 per year or $12.50 per quarter for the family)
    • If your family qualifies for the free lunch program, there is no cost.  
  • Juniors or Seniors needing busing: 11th and 12 graders are not automatically assigned to a bus as many do not use busing. If your child will be a Junior or Senior next year and will need busing you will need to fill out the form.
  • Open enrolled students do not receive busing as they do not live within the district; however, if you would like to use a designated bus stop within the school district for the upcoming school year you will need to fill out the form. Provided space is available, requests will be honored on a first come, first served basis.  There is no cost for this service. Most commonly requested stops for this are: Cty Hwy S & Y Park ‘n’ Ride, the Vinland Town Hall at Cty Hwy GG & T, Laura Ln & Cty Hwy B, or St. Paul’s Church (in Winchester). If you want the closest stop to you assigned just put “closest stop” for the alternate address.
  • Alternative Transportation is needed for a bus pickup and dropoff address different than primary home address. Examples of this might be a secondary residence, grandparent’s home, or daycare. Please realize that requests for busing transportation, other than related to the primary address within the district, are subject to the availability of seats on the bus. All bus stops must be within the school district; there are no exceptions.

If you did not meet any of the above criteria, there is no need to fill out the form; a spot on the bus will be reserved for you. (Parents of 4K students please use the form received at the Open House if requesting transportation for the upcoming year; if you are changing transportation during the year fill out the form below)

Online Transportation Request Form (only available during mid/late May through June 20th) You may also complete the paper form available below and drop off at any of the main offices. The paper form should be used after June 20th. Any questions regarding your transportation request may be directed to: Transportation Coordinator, Kathy Cady. email: phone: (920) 582-5810 ext. 1102 fax: (920) 582-5813
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.